Neighbors United for Action (NUFAKC), Kutak Rock LLP, and Legal Aid of Western Missouri invite you to apply for free legal assistance:
9am to Noon, November 7th, 2015
DuraComm, 6655 Troost Ave., Kansas City, MO 64131
What is a Beneficiary Deed?
Simply, it’s an estate-planning document for homeowners, prepared by an attorney, signed by the owner(s) of the property, and recorded with the County, naming the person or organization that should own the property upon the current owner’s death.
What are the advantages of a Beneficiary Deed?
- Delivers peace of mind to the homeowner in knowing who will receive their property upon their death.
- Saves the new owners from the time and expense of having to go to probate court to get the house.
- The homeowner continues to own the house for as long as they live.
- Transfers title immediately upon the death of the homeowner to the person or organization named in the Beneficiary Deed.
- The homeowner can change the beneficiary at any time through a new Beneficiary Deed.
- Completely free of charge for those who qualify.
Who should apply?
Any homeowner living in Jackson County, Missouri who meets Legal Aid of Western Missouri’s income guidelines